Every word I write is love, knowledge of my soul's mind expressing truth.- Me

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

In the Shadows

In the middle of the night I find myself outside.

The ground is damp but I pay it no mind as I lean back and stare up at the ink blank sky.

Stars twinkle at me from their home in the heavens and I start to feel small compared to the rest of the universe.

It's not hard to feel that way; small and insignificant, I mean.

My whole life I've spent my time just getting by.

I've always kept my head down, doing what was expected of me and becoming someone unmemorable in the process.

I will never be one of those people you read about in the history books that did something grand for the sake of the human race.

My life after I'm gone will hardly cause a blip.

I spend my days schlepping through the trenches of life, just trying to do the best I can with what little faith I've got.

This shell of skin I inherit is a lemon I'd rather trade in for a prettier model.

Most times I can't even look at myself in the mirror, so disgusted I am at the way my body and face have grown into something I no longer recognize.

It's not easy going through life knowing you're insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

What I wouldn't give to be a star.

No one expects it to do anything grand but to shine at night along with all the other stars.

If only.

The sound of crickets serenading the creatures of the night brings my back to reality.

It's back to the world where I fade into the shadows to finish off my lonely existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment